HO, HO, HO

Well, the holiday season is in full swing. This year you won't be getting a bah humbug from dear ol' St. Riss.(Yeah, I saw that mighty eye-roll.)




via GIPHY
Sorry (not sorry) about the seizure inducing GIF.

As my previous post expressed, it has been a mighty long time. Usually, by this gift giving season, yours truly finds all the cheerfulness quite menacing. It all starts with the 30 days of gratitude in November. This year, I do have plenty to bitch and moan about, and I will surely share some of those laments later because it can be entertaining. At this very moment, however, I feel content.

If you are reading this and aren't a friend in reality nor are you a friend on Facebook -- who hasn't unfollowed or hidden my posts -- then it is new to you that I no longer work for Lenscrafters after 21 years of employment with the optical giant retailer. They decided a one hour lab was no longer needed in several locations including the one where I was a manager. Sucked big time, but the job was a giant pain in the arse and source of unquenchable stress. Any job loss is untimely, but in the end, good riddance.

I sought out employment and worked a couple jobs that were equal to or more stressful than LC. Even
at my age mean girl mentality exists. You'd think women would be more supportive of one another in this day and age, but nooooo there's always one Halitosis Hildegard who wants to be a total bitch 24/7 for her own amusement. In any case, one door closes and another opens. To get by, I started working part time at the library. Best work place environment EVER... the pay, however? Meh.

Being diligent, I found another job in the optical field. It has taken time to settle in to the environment and change from what I am accustomed. To make ends almost meet, my employment with the library remains. At 53 I never imagined that it would require 2 jobs to keep my head above water. Oh, and my son who still lives with me happily surrenders his income to cover expenses. Thank goodness he is so low maintenance. Neither job provides health insurance. That is a super shit sitch when you're a cancer survivor. Low income allows me a discount at the healthcare dot guv site. Go me! I just acquired insurance for the upcoming year. Here's hoping my body hasn't rebelled since losing coverage.


Yeah, so I could be a total Bah Hum-bugger, but I am resisting the urge as it only creates discontent. Vodka helps. ha! Additionally, wallowing makes my son's life less joyful. No parent wants to be the root cause of additional strain in their child's life. Lord knows he's already experienced enough that he will be in therapy for life.

Emma speaks the truth

via GIPHY

Truth be told, and totally TMI, ain't no shaggin' going on in my life. The only dates I get are the ones jammed into a high fiber snack bar.

Be well, y'all! Until next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door