Wednesday Love



I adore my Wednesdays.

You may wonder why. Most people celebrate TGIF! FRI-YAY!! Fridays are okay, too. However, Wednesdays mean I am off work from the office. I get to sleep in (dogs willing). Easing into the day rather than racing to beat the clock.

Wednesday means a cup of coffee tastes better because I can sip and enjoy it while watching WGN Morning News.

I still have to go to work, but it is my day to work at the library. My happy workplace. As I have stated before, full-time status is not possible so I sought out employment elsewhere. Luckily, I managed to maintain my job at KPL (Kankakee Public Library).

What makes it my happy place? The environment is unlike any other place I have worked. Positivity. A warm, welcoming staff. It possesses a culture unlike anywhere else.

Treasuring hump-day has put many things in perspective. Still having to work yet finding myself relaxed and happy brought on an epiphany, if you will. I was presented with such contrasting work places. Talk about being handed an ideal means of sorting what I makes me happy and not.

Well intentioned people would suggest, "what are you passionate about? When you figure it out, do that for a living." Since playing with my dogs and binging on Netflix isn't a career option, I was left to wonder. Then, it hit me like a lightning bolt. I wish I'd realized it before I got this other gig, but hindsight is 20/20 (rather funny if you know what I do for a full-time job.)

For what it's worth, I love Sundays, too. I find it fundamentally wrong to work on Sundays. I think 21 years in retail created that mentality. Sundays are a treasure. That is a day of no worries. My day of peace. The day that is for me to decide what to do or not to do.

So, there you have it! I love Wednesdays and Sundays. What about you? Do you enjoy a day of the week that isn't Friday or Saturday?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door