In popular music, a cover version, or simply cover, is a new rendition (performance or recording) of a previously recorded, commercially released song... Cover songs, in my opinion, should only be done if the artist is creative enough to maintain the integrity of the original but improve upon it. Most attempts are copy cat or diabolically atrocious. Case in point is the reason I am writing about this today. I stumbled upon a Jonas Brothers' attempt at Aha's 'Take on Me." Really Joe, Kevin and Nick? I'm sure your fan base adore the invitation. Don't you love how the instrument playing brothers really rock out. Wooooo! Thrash that perfectly coiffed hair, boys. Some covers outshine the original. The artists own it like they wrote it. The following examples are such endeavors. Naturally, this is just my opinion, but if you disagree I would appreciate you just shut yer pie hole. Oh, I will fight you ... Katie Melua covers "Just Like Heaven" orig...
BWAHAHAHAHHAHA! Even before you started I was thinking "Wow, her hair looks great!"
ReplyDeleteLMAO....You are a nut!! I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteYou rock!
ReplyDeletePOP LIFE is not the same without you writing there as much.
ReplyDeletehahaha Glad y'all enjoyed it
ReplyDeleteCAT, that's nice to hear. I highly doubt the author notices. :)
I'm actually on a public computer with no sound at the moment, so i had no clue what you were warbling and/or saying. However, I luurrve the stylin' moves! You go girly girl!
ReplyDeleteThis was so fun, thank you!
ReplyDelete