In popular music, a cover version, or simply cover, is a new rendition (performance or recording) of a previously recorded, commercially released song... Cover songs, in my opinion, should only be done if the artist is creative enough to maintain the integrity of the original but improve upon it. Most attempts are copy cat or diabolically atrocious. Case in point is the reason I am writing about this today. I stumbled upon a Jonas Brothers' attempt at Aha's 'Take on Me." Really Joe, Kevin and Nick? I'm sure your fan base adore the invitation. Don't you love how the instrument playing brothers really rock out. Wooooo! Thrash that perfectly coiffed hair, boys. Some covers outshine the original. The artists own it like they wrote it. The following examples are such endeavors. Naturally, this is just my opinion, but if you disagree I would appreciate you just shut yer pie hole. Oh, I will fight you ... Katie Melua covers "Just Like Heaven" orig...
Fairly brilliant.
ReplyDeleteThere are people who can't be comfortable with silence. Let's say a particular someone I'm unfortunately acquainted with was so desperate that she was reading bumper stickers out loud. A forced situation. Blah!
ReplyDeleteUsually these kinds of thoughts happen around the 5th year of marriage as it usually starts out as, "What do you want to do today?"
ReplyDelete(response) "Kill you"
Seriously, I know how you feel, it's like you are supersensitive to certain bahaviors or just plain words being spoken that when observed, it sets you off.
ha! "kill you."
ReplyDeleteThe person I was forced to ride shotgun with annoys me beyond all belief.
She's the kind of person who walks into a room and screams -- i mean literally screams in a childlike voice -- "HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!" and wonders why I respond with a "die, bitch die!" glare.
Heaven help me, I know exactly how you feel. What is it about the passing of air through one's larynx that so many people find so fascinating?
ReplyDeleteTo top it all off, she whistles like a tea kettle, then asks, "don't I whistle pretty? can you tell what song it is?" ARGH!
ReplyDelete