In popular music, a cover version, or simply cover, is a new rendition (performance or recording) of a previously recorded, commercially released song... Cover songs, in my opinion, should only be done if the artist is creative enough to maintain the integrity of the original but improve upon it. Most attempts are copy cat or diabolically atrocious. Case in point is the reason I am writing about this today. I stumbled upon a Jonas Brothers' attempt at Aha's 'Take on Me." Really Joe, Kevin and Nick? I'm sure your fan base adore the invitation. Don't you love how the instrument playing brothers really rock out. Wooooo! Thrash that perfectly coiffed hair, boys. Some covers outshine the original. The artists own it like they wrote it. The following examples are such endeavors. Naturally, this is just my opinion, but if you disagree I would appreciate you just shut yer pie hole. Oh, I will fight you ... Katie Melua covers "Just Like Heaven" orig...
psst. can you hear that? i am CHEERING for you! enjoy your success (and your scones!)
ReplyDeleteFabu, baby, Fabu. Just wait until you have to go buy NEW CLOTHES because the old ones are TOO BIG!
ReplyDeleteYAY!
Ah, thank you so much, ladies. I feel really good. Tonight after work was a true test of my will power. I stopped by McDonald's to pick up chow for my son. It's a Friday night tradition. I didn't buy anything for myself. What's even better is that the 20 minute drive with the fries and chocolate shake nearby didn't tempt me. I sniffed hard; considered it and opted against it. Yay!
ReplyDeleteWOOOOOOO! Good for you, congrats on the speedy and signifigant results. (And double congrats on avoiding the siren call of the McD fries- that's some fierce will power you displayed.) Three cheers, big ups, etc etc.
ReplyDeleteBelated congrats on a significant accomplishment. Here's hoping it provides motivation to drive on.
ReplyDeleteClark, I'll take encouragement no matter when it's given. So far, so good. After a few years of giving up on myself, this is a magnificent feat.
ReplyDelete