Love, life and pursuit of the perfect bra. Some things are harder than you'd imagine. Living life by the trial and error method and learning to laugh about it.
Sade - Love Is Stronger Than Pride (Video)
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Ballad number three in my Ode to Valentine's Day countdown. I know, this is a cheater's method of blogging. I'll have plenty to share, but this song brings out the pathetic romantic buried deep within me.
A few years back when my 20th high school reunion was being organized, I joined Classmates.com. At that time it was really the best way to keep current with the ongoing plans. I'm quite certain free sites like Facebook and Myspace weren't around or, if they were, they were in their infancy stages. Being part of Classmates.com had one major problem: I had to cough up funds to be granted full access to information and contact with friends. That grated my nerves, but I assumed it would be worth the investment. My gold membership was maintained for a couple of years but contact with former classmates was incredibly limited. I didn't attend the 20th reunion due to a personal cash flow problem. Ironic, isn't it? With Facebook -- and once upon a time, Myspace -- being a social networking mecca (sorry Clark), it would seem that Classmates.com would realize that if people don't have to pay to reconnect, they won't. Yet, this morning I received a notification that ...
I have to admit that I wish I had the inclination and ingenuity to invent an item that would earn me millions. From atop my pile of money I'd laugh with a hearty snort as I watched the fools purchase my idiotic yet ingenious product. The SNUGGIE is one such item. Stop. It! Stop slobbering all over them and having parties and wearing them in public. They are enormous, fleece hospital gowns. To those of you who piss and moan about pajama bottoms being worn as outer wear yet applaud the Snuggie, you should be ashamed. If you've purchased a Snuggie for yourself or a loved one (really, how much do you love them? What's next? Arsenic Lolli-pops?), you are to watch this video and follow their lead. This is what happens when you succumb to the Snuggie phenomenon. Several news channels are putting these suckers to the test. The verdict? Other than the obvious, is that they need to be washed alone or everything in your wash and subsequent washes will be covered in the fuzz...
This is not a frivolous post. I implore anyone who reads this, regardless of your religious beliefs, to pray. If you're not one for praying, then send positive energy into the universe. My sister Maureen is undergoing a serious surgery tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. Loyola University Hospital. The surgery is expected to last 3-5 hours. She'll have a tumor removed that is the size of a large grapefruit. It has compromised one of her kidneys. Therefore, they will remove the damaged one. In addition they will attempt to give her a hysterectomy. Due to excessive scar tissue this may not be possible. Depending on the damage within, she may require a colostomy. Her liver, heart, lungs are all healthy. They don't anticipate any serious problems, but during the initial discussion of the surgery they had to give the run down of the possible things that could go wrong. Even when it's a million to one chance, they have to disclose the risk ... even death. When I first heard...
Comments
Post a Comment
What's on your mind?