Sunday, November 30, 2008

Love Thy Self

This morning I awoke from the kookiest dream. In fact, I had three separate, totally unrelated odd dreams. I'm not sure if it's the onset of illness or the effects of doping up on Thera-Flu before bed.
I had intentions of writing about those dreams and allowing you, the reader, to dissect my psyche. I might still do that, but later today or perhaps tomorrow.
Instead, I am going to share with you a quote that had my eyes welling up with tears. This is yet another item shared by a friend on Plurk. Quotesnack is spearheaded by Ablereach. She is a lover of the written word and revels in sharing her love by utilizing CafePress' quotesnack section. I feel it's necessary to give her full credit for today's post. I am not well read; nor am I a voracious reader. However, such quotes always make my hunger for reading increase. I may be 43, but I'm far from completing my education in life.
I will stop my rambling and simply put forth the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote that had me in tears only minutes ago:
Ralph Waldo Emerson Quote on Love and Self Respect -

I must be myself. I cannot break myself any longer for you, or you. If you can
love me for what I am, we shall be the happier. If you cannot, I will seek to
deserve that you should. I will not hide my tastes or aversions

4 comments:

  1. Very true. I've run into many an instance this year that this came into play. Great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves it, too! Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this back in November, and now I've found it just when I needed to see it. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, you obviously missed it in November because you weren't meant to read it until today. I'm glad you did discover it and it came at a time when you needed it.

    ReplyDelete

Say what!?