Insert Charlie Brown's teacher's voice here

There are days when that's all I can muster. Charlie Brown's teacher never said anything other than, "Wah-wah-wah-wah." Today, that is all I have the spirit to say.
I think I worked too hard being perky and chipper at work this week. It's not that I'm miserable and always spitting venom. It boils down to me making a grand attempt at making myself happier by exuding a more positive energy. In doing so, I feel spent.
With great sincerity, I am working toward being a kinder person. It's not often an easy task seeing the positive in the people you absolutely do no respect. I look to the heavens for guidance and patience -- and forgiveness.
I'm still mumbling under my breath, but doing so far less. I've been singing again. At work, that is. That is my tactic for reducing how much negativity I hear. I go to my happy place when I'm singing. I find joy when people laugh at my fractured lyricism. It's grand to have them beg me to shut up. All the while they are giggling in their pleas.
Rather than sitting back and watching crap hit the fan, I have taken active steps at becoming part of the solution. It sucks. I don't want to be a responsible adult. However, I have little to no respect when I hear the words, "Not my problem." or "Not my job." Or "Not in my job description." or "that's not within my pay scale."
::grumble grumble::
On a brighter note I was able to obtain MP3s of one of the most brilliant and delightful CDs ever produced. Dude, on this gem you get Steve and Eydie singing Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun." Righteous. I would tell you where I got them, but I'd have to hold you down and, one by one, pluck out your nose hairs. Torture. You'd be crying like a little girl and wish you'd never asked.
The CD in question is ... Lounge-A-Palooza. Big secret when I have the cover photo right over there. Yeah, the cd is brilliant. I, on the other hand, am tired and not feeling clever. Anywho, if you don't know what I'm talking about, then I think it's time you got schooled. My imeem profile has all the tracks perfectly nestled in a neat playlist. It's all there for your listening pleasure.

Comments

  1. Well you know I am running right over there to your imeem profile to see what this is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great album! I got this when it came out about 10 years ago or so, when the whole swing/lounge thing was the craze. It still finds rotation on my iPod, even after all these years. Black Hole Sun is certainly a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I've been trying not to be the office biatch myself.. not easy. I recently read "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" and it offers great advice on dealing with people who may be on.. erm.. a different spiritual plane.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door