Heavenly embrace

I've never been in a cemetery alone. In fact, I've only gone to them for funerals. Once my departure is made after the final word is said by the officiant, I don't return. Since I felt the dead can't talk back, what was the point?

Recently, there has been a small voice beckoning to me. Explaining this might make you wonder if I haven't been clobbered on the head or under the influence of some really cool pharmaceuticals. Merely admitting it might lead you to believe the previous is certain. However, I assure you I'm not a heavy drinker nor do I pop pills stronger than Ibuprofen.

Today after work, rather than turning left toward Aroma Park, I kept straight as I exited I-57 after work. For those of you who live or have lived in Kankakee, you know that Mount Calvary Cemetery was my destination. I wasn't 100% sure of where I was going, but I knew I'd find the grave-sites. The only living person on the premises, I wasn't scared. I didn't get the rippling shiver up my spine. The sun was resplendent. Overcome with a greater sense of calm and serenity than I'd felt in a very long time, I stepped from my car and took a short walk.

Tears fell as I gazed upon the headstones. I knew I was spiritually compelled to be there. Much needed conversations were held mother to mother; daughter to mother; aunt to nephew. I've babbled with my eyes turned toward the heavens with hopes of being heard, but today a language was spoken that only hearts and souls can comprehend.

It's difficult for me to fully express today's ethereal journey. One word will have to suffice.

Peace.

Comments

  1. Dear Marissa,
    You are an extention of Love to those you visited this day. Wishing you lasting Peace.
    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. crying...you'll get this...I keep waking in the middle of the night. I toss and turn for a while. The last two nights, when I looked at the clock, it's said "5:38"...I say hello to Mom and Dad. Then drift back off to sleep. I'm not sure what it really means, but I feel that same PEACE you mentioned when I see the clock...5:38...Love ya, Baby Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup.

    Need to go visit Grampa and Mom .....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door