Are you Gleeked!?

GLEE premieres tonight. I couldn't be more excited. Seriously, this is huge! I thought I'd missed it last night, but I didn't! My days are so confused with Labor Day. What a relief to hear the announcement on FOX this morning.

GLEE is a show about kids who are just like I was in high school. Though, I don't think as members of The Celebration Singers we were laughed at or regarded as doofuses. Maybe we were but didn't care. I've talked about this before on my blog. Without show choir, I didn't care about high school. That tightly knit group of kids who sang and danced on stage is what kept me sane.

While the football stars recall the glory days of making that touchdown at the last second, I recall the the thrill of learning harmonies and managing perfect choreography while singing my heart out.

I was no Rachel. Though, I longed to sing well enough to be given solos. When that didn't always happen, I still gave it my all.

I can relate to these characters.

Hi. My name is Marissa and I'm a GLEEK.


Comments

  1. I bet you had a lot more solos than you letting on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to set my VCR. Or DVR. Whatever, I just wanna see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Gleek too. Combine this with the fact my son signed up to learn cello and I am one happy band geek.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door