Sunday, Sweet Sunday ... My one day with you

Sundays should be a day of rest, relaxation and recreation with family. The idea that my place of business is open leaves me feeling disturbed. I've worked for this company nearly twelve years; yet, I can't quite wrap my brain around working on Sunday. That's the day when the Man-cub and I just chill and enjoy hanging out. Once in awhile we'll find ourselves hanging out with other family members. The point is that Sunday is our time.
Tomorrow I am fortunate enough to have the day off. I was off today because a 'vulture' willingly pecked at the carcass of a schedule and took my hours. Vacation hours well spent.
We've decided that we'll go see a movie. We have a ton of DVDs that have yet to be viewed, but Man-cub and I need a change. We used to make a ritual of seeing movies in the theater at least twice a month before moving back to Illinois. The theaters near us in Georgia were far nicer and we had an IMAX theater close by. FANTASTIC! We're nowhere close to an IMAX, but we have reasonable theaters. Tomorrow will be a renewal.
We've discussed seeing, "The Spiderwick Chronicles," or "Horton Hears A Who." I'll check the available flicks and show times for other possibilities.
The most difficult aspect of this mother and son outing will be resisting the buttered popcorn. I LOVE movie theater popcorn. Man-cub has already asked if my Nutrisystem will hinder his popcorn consumption. I told him absolutely not! Chow down, my boy. I'll just have to sit in another row ... possibly another theater to resist the temptation of dipping my hand in the Big Kahuna sized bucket of fatty sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door