Wordless Wednesday? Hardly

It's a rare occasion when I find myself wordless.

Speechless and awe stricken? Most definitely.

There are times when I find it's best to just let someone else do the talking. Or in this case, singing. One of my favorite songs by Queen.


Words and music by queen

Sometimes I get to feeling
I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young
Thing seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young
The sun was always shining - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don't know
The rest of my life's been just a show

Those were the days of our lives
Align CenterThe bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing is true
When I look and I find I still love you

You cant turn back the clock you cant turn back the tide
Ain't that a shame
I'd like to go back one time on a roller coaster ride
When life was just a game
No use in sitting and thinking on what you did
When you can lay back and enjoy it through your kids
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don't know
Better sit back and go with the flow

Cos these are the days of our lives
They've flown in the swiftness of time
These days are all gone now but some things remain
When I look and I find no change

Those were the days of our lives - yeah
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one things still true
When I look and I find
I still love you

I still love you

Comments

  1. So, while I'm not sure what it is about that song that speaks for you (I rarely understand what songs are *really* about ... I'm a dunce like that), I love the image it portrays for me.

    Life moves quickly - more quickly, now that I am an adult - but I rarely feel like it is slipping through my fingers. I am just a little spec on this ride called life, and luckily "life" is the one amusement-park ride I enjoy. Especially when it means watching my daughter grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freddie Mercury recorded this song at the end of his life. As you probably know, he died from complications with Aids.
    But what I walk away with is that we all have some regrets or wish we could be allowed some do-overs. Sometimes I feel like that because maybe with the knowledge I have now (20/20) vision my life could be enriched. Life was simpler in youth.
    I can't go back, but it's nice to take a minute to explore the what ifs in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you will soon share what part of your life you've been thinking and exploring their what ifs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this song and affording us all a moment to reflect on where we've been, where we're going and all of the "what if's" that life throws our way. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. James!! I miss you, man. Thanks for stopping by particularly on this post. Did your Spidey senses tingle?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door