Knee Deep in the Hoopla

Friday night was a blast!  The weather cooperated as a small group of us laughed our asses off around the fire pit at Julie B's Backyard Tiki Lounge.  I'd go into detail but not I'm not willing to risk incriminating the slightly inebriated (they know who they are).  The camera was left in my purse.  The flash of a digital camera just breaks up the flow anyway.  It was totally bitchin' to get to yap some classmates I hadn't seen in forever! One of the best moments was delivering a letter and photo that had been sitting on my desk for over a month.  The photo was proof that when a bunch of football playing high schoolers get together for camp, it's not just about bashing opponents and talking about hot girls.  Although, I'm sure some of that did happen ... but a moment in time was captured on film that spoke volumes about camaraderie.

The weekend isn't over.  A long weekend, at that, for most.  I get today off and that's it. So, someone else out there needs to enjoy themselves double time for me.  Volunteers will be hard to come by, I'm so sure.

I have a boat load of stuff to do today yet here I sit blathering while the remainder of my coffee gets cold.  My workouts need to be stepped up to another level or something.  My weight hasn't changed in a couple of weeks.  That's heavy on my mind.  HA! More like heavy on my ass and thighs.  I'm alternating work outs. Seriously, I think I moved to phase 3/4 of Power 90 too soon, but 1/2 wasn't challenging me anymore.  Now, I'm using Turbo Jam cardio and sculpting.  It's my own hybrid variations to keep surprising my body.  Next week I intend on ordering another program that is much more intense and designed for more of what I believe my body needs at this stage of my get lean/lose weight endeavors.  I get bored easily.  Boredom and lack of results is why most people quit.  That's primarily why I've given up in the past.  Food is no longer my enemy or emotional comfort.  That fact alone is a giant hurdle cleared.

This morning I woke up with visions of biscuits and sausage gravy dancing in my head.  That's one of my all time favorite comfort foods.  The problem with making it is leftovers. I'd still be eating it for days.  Don't suggest freezing it.  My microwave defrosts quickly. I still want it however the feeling will pass like a fart in a whirlwind. I know I have a graduation party to attend later and there will be plenty of tempting treats to sample or ignore.  Food will always be there. Fear of not getting any isn't going to run my life as it had before.  Maybe it comes from growing up in a household with nearly a dozen people that causes that knee jerk reaction.  See, the desire to eat calorie and fat heavy foods hasn't really gone away.  My ability to say no and to make a healthier decision is simply stronger than the craving.  Besides, who wants to work out for 9 hours to burn off the artery clogging deliciousness? Not me!

OK, now I'm just babbling and my 'to-do' list isn't getting any shorter.  I wish you all a safe and joyful weekend.

Comments

  1. "the feeling will pass like a fart in a whirlwind"

    One of the many reasons I am so glad we are friends :) You rock pretty damn hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother used "fart in a whirlwind' often. I'm surely becoming my parents every day. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door