Sad. That brings me to my mood that began last night. It came from nowhere... much like the alien monster that threatens mankind in the B-movies of the '60s. When the results show on Idol came down to Big Mike Lynche or Crystal and they told the dred-locked not full of the mange single mom, I almost wept. I-DO-NOT-CARE! And that was all the indication required for me to know I was spiraling into despair (hyperbole).
As with all things Marissa, I had to analyze my dilemma. There could have been a variety of reasons but nothing stuck out like that proverbial sore thumb. Some possibilities were:
- I'm missing the man who holds my heart (no, he didn't rip it from my chest just like Swayze in "RoadHouse.")
- I didn't work out yesterday. I believe I am now dependent on the endorphins.
- Pushing myself to excel is not a frame of mind I'm accustomed to and I feel out of sync as a result.
- I've never had much going on so organization and 'to-do' lists weren't necessary. Now they are. Ugh.
- The frickin' frakin' rainy, chilly weather has sucked all the happy out of me which proves that I NEED SUNSHINE!
- A good belly laugh should be acquired daily and multiple doses are recommended. That didn't happen in over 24 hours.
Finally making it home after what seemed a never ending workday, I managed a serious giggle by watching "I ♥ the '90's" with the Mancub. Then, I turned to music to help me work off the funk. C & C Music Factory, Freak Nasty and Michael Jackson filled the prescription to get the happy flowing through my veins again.
A notebook is by my side so I can jot down things that matter and require attention. I'm seeking inspiration through reading "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson (thank you, JPH). "Community" is on tonight which means the laughter will ensue. I'll be just fine. This blossoming chaos taking root in my cranium is a monster that can be tamed. It's a matter of taking this obstacle and turning it into an experience that spawns the necessity to get my poop in a group, as my Mama would tell me.
image borrowed from deviantart.net