Isn't she lovely?

I know that my head hasn't increased in size nor has anyone filled it with helium; yet, it feels like one of those big Spongebob party balloons complete with springy tissue paper legs. My body is sitting here while my noggin' is be-boppin' on the other side of the room. All I want to do is sleep. My system is rather sensitive to cold medicines. That includes the non-drowsy variety. The result is the zombification of Miss Riss.

Thankfully, one of my co-workers is covering my shift for me tonight. Truly, I couldn't see getting up the energy to work. Quite literally, my face aches. With itchy, burning eyes and an adorable hack when I cough, I'm sure they're grateful that I'm remaining at home to wither and moan. The other day I left work early. My nose was so red and raw that I looked as pathetic as I felt.  Neo-sporin has helped heal my shnoz and upper lip. Puffs infused with soothing aloe lotion have been a saving grace in all of this. The downside is that one slight brush of the tissue on my glasses and it's smear city. For a moment, I was certain my eye sight was going as a result of sinus contents pushing into my ocular cavity. Whoa!  A pretty sight I am not!

With that, I shall return to my slumber dwelling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door