It's a Beautiful Morning

I love Spring. The trees are budding. The flowering bushes are blossoming. It's gloriously gorgeous! Buds are on the lilac trees. I'm so thrilled. I love opening the windows and letting their fragrance permeate my home. The downside of springtime is having open windows in the wee hours of the morning and the chirping birds awaken before my alarm is set to go off at 6:00 a.m. What's worse is this happening to the Man-cub. "The stupid chirping birds kept me up all night." If it's dark; it's night. "Actually, they only started chirping as the sun began to rise. You'll be fine."
The reason I look forward to winter breaks and summer is that I don't have to get the kid up for school. He's not cantankerous in the morning, but, like most teens, he doesn't get enough sleep. School starts at 7:40 a.m. Sending him to bed at 8:00 p.m. is just not practical. Studies have been done recently on the issues teens, namely high school students, are having with falling asleep in school. I'm sure there are reasons why school starts so early. I know in our own district the buses are shared for all grade levels. Therefore, they run in shifts. All I know is that my child isn't getting the recommended 9-10 hours of sleep. He's a growing boy. When I let him sleep in on the weekends AND he happens to go to bed at a normal time, he'll sleep until 8:00 a.m. I know I don't need nearly that much sleep, but having quiet mornings is truly a delight. Just me, a cup of coffee and the computer. Ah.
Opening the windows reminds me that everything is coming to life. Like the other late afternoon when I was putting on make-up in my bathroom. Through the open windows came the strains of Lynard Skynard. Oh yeah, buddy. 'Sweet Home Alabama.' That alone made me race to the window to close it. ACK! On my pink cd player I cranked "Living in Oblivion 2." Oh Mickey you're so fine. You're so fine you blow my mind! Situation remedied. Small town living at its finest.
Tonight is IDOL night. It's all just a matter of time. I'm running out of steam. Andrew Lloyd Weber is the mentor. Well, at least his music is the subject matter the contestants have to work with. This should be interesting. Well, I'm HOPING it will be interesting. Mariah Carey week had me nodding off. Is it just me, or does Mariah seem more and more like a robot? She makes those hand gestures while singing as if she's touching an imaginary scale to remind her what notes to sing. It's ridiculous. She's such a twit. I don't like her music or her style. I don't care how much she writes or produces. It all just stinks like the burning trash that finds it's way into my house on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Blast! It's SPRING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door