Randomosity

There's no doubt that my blog has no format. I'm all about being random. That's the one thing you can count on with me; randomosity. I don't even know if that is a legitimate word. I am adding it to my repertoire of blog labels. I have a feeling it will be used quite frequently.

Today's subject matter is another insight into the mind and life of Marissa. Once again, I lifted this from Jane's blog. She's clever, what can I say? I'm drawn to the manner in which she indulges and divulges.




Here's a short questionnaire:




By what nickname(s) were you known as a child?


Most commonly: Missy -- only family and close friends are permitted to still call me that. Rissie: I think only my Dad used that name. Snaggletooth and Sarah Heartburn: Painful reminders of torment inflicted upon me by my siblings. Snaggletooth came from me having a chipped front tooth. I slipped on the steps during a pillow fight with my brother. Thank God it was a baby tooth and the dentist eventually yanked that sucker out. Sarah Heartburn was due to me crying easily ... and being kind of dramatic.




Do you have a favorite poem and, if so, what is it? Recite it (or a snippet) here:


"There once was a man from Nantucket, Whose ..." Kidding! Although, if I give it some thought I'd be able to complete the limerick.


Sincerely, I love this passage from The Book of Ruth. It was sung at my wedding, and it applies to many facets of life regarding those I love.


"For wherever you go, I will go; wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried."




What is your greatest regret in life, something that you failed to do that you wish you did?


I wish I would have moved to California when my close friend Tommy moved out there to go to school. I can't imagine how my life would be different had I just thrown caution to the wind and left the safe yet miserable comforts of home. If I could go back and do it all again, but it would mean having to give up the Man-cub, I'd give a resounding hell no! I love motherhood.




You are tired and hungry, but it's too late to cook. If any snack food were available to you, what would you choose and why?


Popcorn. It's salty, crunchy and satisfying. Not to mention easy to make!




What is the oldest item of clothing (not jewelry!) that you wear
regularly and what do you love about it?


A black, cable knit sweater. It's full of pilling; it's nappy but warm and snuggly. It's about 5 yrs old. Even older than that is a pair of slip on black shoes. Eight years old and going strong. The low wedge heel is worn, but those are my go-to shoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door