Love of Country


Hello my fellow Americans. I'm not sure why it is, but I almost always cry during our National Anthem: The Star Spangled Banner. There are cases when it's so poorly performed that I only well up a little. I'm an emotional girl, but I truly believe that my love of these United States of America is responsible for the outpouring of tears.


I was searching on iTunes for a song my son wanted me to download. The iTunes store front page advertised Jordin Sparks singing The National Anthem at Super Bowl XLII. I clicked and purchased The Star Spangled Banner. It brought me to tears, gave me goosepimples and made the hair stand on the back of my neck. Yes, I'd say that's love.


I proceeded to youtube to find the video of the American Idol Season 6 winner performing our nation's song. There were comments about it being pre-recorded, lip synched, yada yada. If that's true, I don't mind. It's a difficult song to sing. It's even more difficult when the entire nation is sitting on the edges of their seats watching and waiting for you to fumble. I think she did a beautiful job. I'm not posting the video on here. However, I'll gladly supply you with a link: Jordin Sparks-National Anthem. God Bless America

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door