A Ride to Remember


People tell me to enjoy the ride while it lasts. I get a little agitated because who says the ride is going to end? I prefer to be less of a pessimist. I want to be optimistic and live for the day. I can do that. It's my heart. If you tell me to save up my pennies for a rainy day, then I need to think to the future.
I know most people are well intentioned, but I just met Running Man and already I'm getting opposition. I've not requested a transcript of his entire past; nor, insisted on viewing his financial records. I pray he never ask for mine. It's a mess. What I do know is that we've spent over 10 cumulative hours talking. Talking about life, hopes and dreams.
I am unsure of his favorite musician, movie or book. He doesn't know my favorite color or shoe size. I do know that he's a God fearing man. He knows that my son's well being is of utmost importance and will never take a back seat to my own pursuits. Man-cub will always ride shot-gun with me. Running Man gets it thus far.
I like this ride. It feels nice. It's a merry-go-round that plays a sweet song. No thrills of a roller coaster or the jarring motion of bumper cars. The speed is just fine as I laugh and feel the wind in my hair. Like a child I feel exhilarated and joyful. Let me bask in the dizzying elation.
[photo borrowed from madischlappi on flickr.com]

Comments

  1. Glad to hear your going at your own speed. So many people these days rush through things and so fast that they don't take time to smell the roses or savor the goodness. You're a fine example of how people ought to do things.

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past I've listened to too many people and would end up feeling torn. Ridiculous, I know.
    So, I just remind myself to let it roll.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door