I'm starting a love affair

It's rather cliche' to say that I'm a work in progress.  Aren't we all? Sure, yours truly needs a lot more work than the average gal.  At least when I look in the mirror that is the resounding affirmation.  It's not my appearance, though that is part of it.  It's what goes on beneath my thinning mix of gray and brown locks. 

The other day I posed a question on my Facebook wall about online dating site.

So, who out there has found a decent human being to date through an online dating service? My curiosity is for .. uh, research. Yeah, that's it.

If you're a long time reader of this blog then you know of the dating woes I've experienced at the hand of Match.com and eHarmony, as well as, meeting men the traditional way.  What came of that question in the thread was an unraveling of Marissa.  What was even more surprising (to me) was an outpouring of compassion, reassurance and thoughtfulness.  What I learned is that I don't see in myself what other people see in me.

That is my starting point.  In spite of all the improvements that my body has under gone in the last few months, it isn't transforming my ability to love who I am.  Allowing myself to be tethered to the past has been the proverbial anchor around my feet.

Today is the beginning of my most challenging love affair.  That which is with me.

Comments

  1. In the words of Oscar Wilde... self-love is the beginning of a lifelong relationship. Embrace who you are and celebrate it in every moment, and if other people don't like it, that's their problem. At last I have found someone who appreciates me for me, not for who they can turn me into, and it's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, thank you and let me just say how happy I am for you.

    Johh, I know! Right!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to that !!! As we go through this life on Earth, we must always remind ourselves of the 3 P's: patience, practice & PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION.....slowly I'm learning to love myself as unconditionally as others do .....I'm so grateful that you're writing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect. "They" always say that you really can't completely love someone until you love yourself first. I do think that we are always a work in progress...in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door