Monday malaise

I have a long week ahead of me. For you regular Nine to Fivers you'll think I'm a big whiny baby. To someone in the retail bizz, you'll understand why working five days in a row with varied shifts presents itself as bothersome and arduous.

For instance, I work 11:30 to 9:00 (PM) today and turn around and toss myself into the kettle again at 9:00 AM. No breather beyond sleeping. The light at the tunnel is that I'm off on Saturday and that gives me a sense of normalcy.

So, for today's post I am giving you a meme. At least it's something and hopefully it'll evoke some thought. Consider it my gift to aid your brain in waking up.

Because I like to give credit where credit is due, I found this via Google search on the blog Curious as a Cat. I have a feeling I may resort to this from time to time.


1) What is the best thing you have ever won as a prize? I recently won a 3 month membership to Gold's Gym when I bought raffle tickets at our local Relay For Life event. While that is a great value, I was mostly overjoyed to win a copy of DENVER CEREAL from Claudia Christian Hall (the author). Nearly every Sunday she gives us Unconscious Mutterings on her blog. I have to tell you it's something I anxiously look forward to each week. She uses an unbiased method of choosing a weekly winner from the comments. That's how I was fortunate enough to be awarded her book. I loved it! The story continues on her blog. Totally groovy! Because I feel like I know Claudia, it made the prize even more personal and special -- especially since she wrote an inscription that made me cry.

2) What is one thing that repeatedly makes you angriest? This is really a tough one. Feigned ignorance and stupidity truly gets under my skin. From politicians to the workplace I see it. Deliberate, deceitful activity that only compounds itself when the perpetrator is incapable of keeping the lies in order. I'd laugh if it wasn't something I witness with regularity.

3) What song always makes you laugh, no matter how often you hear it? Hmmm a song that makes me laugh. Weird Al would be an obvious choice. I do find him riotously amusing, but I don't always giggle or chuckle when I hear "Eat it" or "White and Nerdy." The song that inevitably brings about a snicker is from The Wedding Singer. Adam Sandler's character Robbie can't get out of the funk of being dumped at the altar. When he's asked to share a recent composition he wails (some content may not be safe for work or children.)


4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. (click the image for a larger view.)



Photo courtesy Photos8.com

Comments

  1. I don't know which is more of a prize. A turquoise rosary I won in a drawing at a roleplaying convention or a bag of Funyuns. I mean, I'm not Catholic anymore, so the rosary really doesn't do anything for me. Funyuns, on the other hand, are awesome, though not quite as awesome as Munchos.

    As for things that never fail to piss me off, I'm going to have to go with willful ignorance. Being ignorant of something is one thing, but choosing to remain ignorant instead of doing the tiny bit of research it would take to show how wrong he/she is just infuriates me.

    Hmm, as for songs that always elicit a chuckle, I'm going to have to go with the Cheech & Chong skit/song Earache My Eye, as it reminds me so much of my Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan! You won a bag of FUNYUNS? It had to be from SIT80s. I have one, too. I never ate them. The signed bag sits on my bookshelf. I admit that I kind of cheated to win the mystery song clip. But since no one else got it that week, Steve sent the snack bag to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door