That's a crock!

It's my day off and I have intentions of doing very little beyond my daily work out and viewing movies on Netflix.  Dinner is being made via the Crock Pot.  Man, what a lovely invention. Thank you Rival company!! Set on low is a pork loin with red potatoes and carrots.  With a little help from low-sodium/low-fat mushroom soup and a sprinkling of various seasoning, I hope for a nutritious and delightful meal by the time GLEE comes on tonight.  It's the Halloween episode where they reinvent "Rocky Horror Picture Show."  I'm a tad hesitant due to the previews that have circulated the Internet.  Quinn as Magenta bothers me.  Her rendition of "Time Warp" is so white bread that it is oozing Hellman's Mayonnaise.  Apparently, the sultry Santana also plays Magenta. They should have left that song up to her.

I know! You're gasping that I've criticized my not-so-guilty pleasure show.  My favorite program in the last decade is under fire of my own critique!! "No Marissa! Say it isn't so!"
Damn it, Janet! They've toyed with something classic. Here's the real shocker.  Mercedes is Dr. Frank-N-Furter.  This is the roll played by Tim curry. In drag.  HELLO!!!!! What the hell!? Sure, the girl can sing, but I'm not fond of taking an iconic, cult movie and turning in to something safe. Maybe the plot line of this episode explains why they've deterred from the original so drastically.  Perhaps there is some censorship sub-plot.  This won't detract me from loving the show. Nope. This isn't a jump the shark moment.  Fonzie hasn't strapped on the skis just yet.

Comments

  1. Crock Pot dinner and Glee!!! THAT is a perfect evening :) We are having leftover Crock Pot chili and watching Glee as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door