Shaken not stirred

Everyone knows that when you are on a quest for improved health and, more specifically weight loss, you must reduce or totally eliminate empty calories.  Alcohol is a ginormous cavern of pointless consumption in regards to fueling the body.  On a side note, if you have not given up the booze, even a couple drinks a week, that could be stunting your endeavors to see smaller numbers on the scale and waist band size.

With all of that being said, I bought a candy apple red martini shaker last year when Target had their holiday merchandise marked down to nearly nothing.  I couldn't resist it.  Like a beacon it beckoned to me.  Impulse buying at its finest and the justification that it cost as little as a 2-litre bottle of Diet Coke.  Since that purchase it has resided in a cupboard.  That is until recently.  After a super intense workout like Turbo Fire, it's necessary for me to refuel and hydrate.  Beachbody offers a great product called P90X Results and Recovery Formula.  It isn't just for users of P90X, of course.  It tastes like an orange cream-cicle I enjoyed as a little kid. Yum! The only problem is that I end up with chunks or a collection of the powder at the bottom of my glass. That is not so yum. Putting it in the blender seems like more toil than it is worth. I'd have to wash the blender vessel for the second time of the day -- I use that to make my Shakeology meal replacement.

Enter my shiny, red martini shaker.  Water, ice and 2 scoops of Results and Recovery Formula and shake, shake, shake! Voila! Delicious and totally free of lumps. Smooth sipping. From now on I'll be using it when making my Shakeology on the go! It will raise an eyebrow or two, for sure.

Comments

  1. Let's see if the darn filter at work will finally let me post...I love your martini shaker idea! I have a Weight Watchers caramel latte smoothie every morning ( 8 oz milk and WW mix, 2 1/2 points and all my milk servings for the day!)and I hate dragging out the little blender and cleaning the darn thing...I believe that I'll check out the Target clearance and see if I can find a lil martini shaker for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door