Hangin' wit da homies

I woke earlier than I expected to. Staying up late last night was meant to assure me a sleep in.  WRONG! My nine and a half hour work day spent on my feet caused me much back distress.  Time on a heating pad helped a little, but a pain patch should have been applied before retiring to the Egyptian cotton fortress of comfort.

I'm a little sad to report that I have no dream recall.  There were a couple dreams that pushed me into awakeness and in spite of telling myself to remember them, it was for naught. I forgot when the pain in my back woke me. Sorry. Maybe tomorrow.


Since the coffee maker leaks more water on the counter than actually ends up in the pot -- making a horrible flavor of java -- I sit here considering throwing on a bra and my coat to make my way to the gas station for some of their fake cappuccino.  I stopped there yesterday for regular coffee. BLECH! Clearly they've not cleaned the spouts because it was bitter.  Spew! I'd buy a new coffee maker but I don't want to buy what I can afford presently.  Everybody is telling me to get a French press (sounds like a sexual maneuver to me) or a Keurig single cup. But if I'm not mistaken that means I have to buy the little coffee pods for the Keurig.  I don't want to be a slave to that racket.  When income tax refund makes it's happy little way into my account I'll splurge.

In my quest for amusement this morning I wandered over to view my horrorscope.  This is not so much interesting but worth posting:
What a decision! Do you hang out with the usual suspects, the friends who've been tried-and-true for years now, or follow your curiosity and spend some time with a whole new crew? Oh, and let's sweeten the pot by adding the obvious interest of a certain person who belongs to that 'whole new crew?' Well, now. This is where it gets interesting. Think you've got enough time and energy to spend on both? Sure you do. You're a fire sign!
Something I learned post high school was that I never managed to meld my old friends with the new. I, on the other hand, seemed to find a way to fit in to tried and true circles of friends. Yes, I'm that fucking fantastic that I can do that. Perhaps another super power? Ha!

I'm a fire sign.  OK. Truly, I have no real idea what that means in the world of astrology. I need coffee. That much I do know.

Comments

  1. OK, I didn't notice until I posted on my blog today that Angie already did this. So, now you've been given this award twice. Don't have to post about it again. It just means others who come to my blog may head over to yours now. {I’ve nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award. To get your award go to my blog: Rambling Thoughts and Thoughtful Ramblings, copy the badge and see directions in my post about the award. (susanswritinglife.blogspot.com)}

    ReplyDelete
  2. That LEO Horrorscope is too true for me. Just by chance, thru a new book I got, I picked up a "whole new musical crew" this week, & I learned so much from them, which is my goal in life... to learn something new about music every day. And it's blowing my mind that I never crossed paths with any of these folks up till now as we have so much in common, & friends in common, but I'm really glad I (finally) made the connection.

    I bet every guy that reads your blog thinks your dream is about them, don't they? DON'T THEY?

    Hope your back feels better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door