Bra Humbug

I realize the content of this blog, lately, is best described as textual boredom. I'd offer an apology, however, I am one of those people who can't force inspiration. And to be quite honest, I have no idea if anyone beyond a handful are continuing to read my personal blathering.

When your life consists of getting up, making coffee; checking (and hoping) for emails that aren't spam ie. Urban Word of the Day, Amazon.com or forwards about it being the 52nd friendship week of the year; getting ready for work; working; coming home from work; making dinner... you get the idea. My life isn't action packed. I could piss and moan about work but that doesn't bode well when you're trying to make the workplace more harmonious. Not to mention comments would come from the wood work to chastise me for not being more grateful at this time of year. To which I would annoyingly reply, "suck it, Trebek!"

Mancub is fantastic and performing phenomenally well academically. There are few complaints nor do I struggle with single parenthood beyond the financial constraints. It's been a couple of months since he's heard from his dad. DNA does not a father make. Christmas is approaching. Perhaps he'll show up unexpectedly to throw a monkey wrench in our my holiday cheer.

With all honesty, at this moment I wish the holidays would not exist. I know it's selfish thinking. Lucky for you all I don't have possession of three wishes or Clarence.  Even reaching deep I am finding it difficult to find the spirit of the holidays.  I know very little can be purchased for my son.  Buying for anyone else holds absolutely no bearing in my shopping.  Seriously, who the hell needs another trinket o'marketing bliss just so they can't tally up the number of gifts for post Christmas bragging rights??  Again I say, "suck it, Trebek!" I'm returning to the days gone by.  Remember those times when our elementary teachers would hand out materials for a project and we'd construct gifts for our parents? Yeah, it'll be something like that. Maybe. If I find the motivation.  Otherwise, just be joyful in knowing me -- and I you, friends. I'll tie a big f'ing red bow on my head -- found on clearance last year at the dollar tree, naturally.  How's that for presentation?

In closing, I am going to share my horriblescope of obscurity.
It's finally starting to dawn on you that it's over, and that you've actually gotten yourself out of a really tough situation. You're feeling free -- like it really is the first day of the rest of your life. Well, don't stop now. If you have a couple of other changes in mind, this would be a good time to give them some energy and consideration, too. Why not make it a clean sweep?
I have no idea what it really means. What's over? I've not sung yet. So that son of a bitch is NOT over. Maybe I've been struggling with something subconsciously and not been aware. In turn, my subconscious mind had finally dealt with "it" and accepted "it".  Yeah, yeah. I know c-h-a-n-g-e.  I changed my underwear; brand of deodorant; body lotion; toothbrush; switched out razors.

That'll do pig. That'll do.


image borrowed from AnneTaintor.com

Comments

  1. Good God do I love you.
    And while I don't always comment, I read religiously. So there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, girly!!
    I got used to you not writing daily. Now I get a big dose of your life all at once. Way more interesting than me making coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *snort* thanks for that, Jeff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. I'm not really into the Holidays either. My favorite Holiday is Thanksgiving. Mainly because it's just about being with your family and eating (and we all know I love to eat).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, I guess it's just me, but it seems like you've dealt with a lot of stuff this year - and come through it. Sounds pretty right on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not feeling too festive this year either-- & I usually LOVE Thanksgiving & Christmas... I'm a thoroughly trained & fully licensed >> CHRISTMATOLOGIST for eff's sake... this is MY time o' the year... what's wrong with me? I know I just need a `Raditude` adjustment... dealing with my mother is a constant challenge ... but as Grandma Minnie used to say ... "Better days are comin'" ... so I have to believe they are.... for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sings gently*

    ".... children roasting on an open fire ...."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh.. "nibble nibble like a mouse" The witch from Hansel and Gretel makes an appearance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door