Another day older and wiser (?)

Technically I'm a few days older than I was the last time I wrote on my blog.  My birthday came and went without incident.  Driver's license was renewed at the facility that time forgot.  I would swear that when the phone rang (a ring not unlike that of the avocado green colored phone that hung in our kitchen back in the '70s), the person answering would be greeted by Ernestine "One ringy dingy" the phone operator. 

Lavender and ivory roses were delivered sent to me by my 'dearest'.  Attached was a beautifully written, personal message -- hint: I'm not telling you. 

The rest of the day was spent with my Mancub.  His birthday gift from his dad finally arrived via Fed Ex and he was anxious to spend it. I happily obliged. Then we went out for lunch.  That brings me to the next order of business.  My diet has been absolutely dreadful for about three weeks.  Honesty is the best policy when holding oneself accountable.  Since being emotional on video about my 90 day achievement through Power 90 and Turbo Jam, I have fallen off the wagon.  Today is the first day of my restart.  While I have not gained extra weight, I have not lost any, either.  My workouts haven't lessened, however. Turbo Fire sets my soul aflame. It's addictive! My body and heart are thanking me, but when overall fitness isn't the sole goal, it's apparent that what I fuel my body with is ever so important.  Not an a-ha! moment.  It's more of a 'well, duh!' moment. 

Typically, I do not have a sweet tooth, but as of late, I have. Weird. Shakeology will often quench my desire. However, there are times when the need to sink my teeth into something supercedes my good sense toward health.  Sadly, I have succumbed to the call of badness in the last couple of weeks.  Rather than beat myself up, I've had to administer tough love on myself.  Additionally when that happens, I turn to fellow Team Beachbody members and coaches for recipes that amps up my favorite taste bud tantalizer.  Today's delicacy of choice was Shakeology no-bake cookies.  They remind me of the orb shaped treats most people only make and place in tins at Christmas time.  Chocolate Shakeology combined with oats, cashew butter and a touch of honey then rolled in chopped pecans. A couple nibbles suit me, but Mancub wanted a whole, super rich treat.  With all the goodness packed in the tablespoon sized spheroid, who am I to refuse him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door