Pure Imagination

Once again I was checking out amazon.com for MP3 bargains and freebies when the soundtrack to "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" soundtrack caught my eye.  Not long ago I was searching high and low for the song "Pure Imagination" after it was used in a commercial for a product I cannot recall.  It's a cute commercial ... for something.  Adorable, child like creatures parading around the city ... not a clue. I do know that I love the song and was at a loss because it wasn't available for legal digital download anywhere that I poked around on the web.  Now it is!! I'm willing to bet my last dollar that the use of the song for the product that does not ring a bell at the moment demanded release of the soundtrack.  According to the information on Amazon.com it was just made available digitally June 1, 2010. 

It was always a wonderful family time at the Rapier household when the movie aired once a year.  Television, if you recall, wasn't like it is today. TBS plays the same movies over and over and over .... and over and over.  ABC Family has aired this movie and the Johnny Depp version so often that the novelty and excitement of it being on is nearly gone. The same goes for The Wizard of Oz. However, I manage to get twinges of excitement deep down when my inner child is released from her cage.  Chitty Chitty Bang Bang brings about flutters similarly.  I own it on dvd, but there is simply something to lovely about it being on the telly.

Comments

  1. ----> Wishing All GREAT & FUN things to you & Mancub this summer... it will be FABULOUS !!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door