I wish you a MeMe Christmas


One of the grooviest and most down to earth chicks on plurk tagged me to participate in this meme. It should not be difficult to execute. I'm known for my weirdness. Yet, I just like to think of it as my style of normal.
"I'm normal. Your expectations of me are simply off kilter."
Here are the rules:

Link to the person (Not A Mean Girl) who tagged you and post the rules in your post.
• Share seven random/weird facts about yourself.
• Tag seven random people and link to their blogs.
• Let each person know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.



  • Random Rissness #1: I have to pluck disgusting hairs from my neck and chin daily. They seem to latch on to Miracle-Gro or Rogaine when I'm not looking! Feeling for vile buggers has become what appears to be a nervous tick. I carry a tweezers with me in case one crops up and starts waving at people at will.

  • Random Rissness #2: I've been informed that my eyes reveal a lot about what I'm thinking. Words need not be spoken. Apparently, there are times when my eyes, partnered with my brows, tell people I will kill them with the flick of my index finger if they come to close. Cool.

  • Random Rissness #3: In spite of several of my siblings referring to our step mom as just plain mom. To call her by that moniker, I feel I'm disregarding the woman who gave birth to me and lived with me on this planet for the first 16 years of my life. I don't feel I'm disrespecting Nancy by calling her by her first name. She's the matriarch of our family. She's the only grandmother Man-cub truly knows. She is a beautiful woman who has given our family her heart and soul. I love her with all my heart.

  • Random Rissness #4: I have been divorced from Man-cub's father since '99. The sight of the man makes me nearly physically ill. I am grateful for my own benefit that he's not around much. However, for Man-cub, I am saddened. What's worse (this is 4a) is that I fear that Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel is the only chance at marriage and happiness I've been given in this lifetime. That idea gives me a very sinking sense of loneliness that I can't describe. No pity required. It's just a weird, albeit passing, notion.

  • Random Rissness #5: I've never read classic novels, such as: To Kill A Mockingbird; Lord of the Flies; Catcher in the Rye or Of Mice and Men. On the other hand, I haven't read a Danielle Steel book since graduating from high school. However, I have read four Jane Austen books and Paradise Lost.

  • Random Rissness #6: I haven't taken the nail polish off my toes since my last date with some guy who shall remain nameless because it's not important. That was sometime around Sept 15, 2008. I figure it'll eventually grow out. Color me lazy-as-hell.

  • Random Rissness #7: Rough paper napkins cause chills to run up my spine. You know, the variety that were given out in the cafeteria at school. In fact, recalling the sound and feeling of them on my skin makes me almost gag. In 4th grade I accidentally dragged such a napkin across my front teeth and that sensation has haunted me ever since.
There! I'm done. It took me almost an hour to come up with those 7 items. If you're up to doing this, let me know if you follow through. I'll gladly read. Poke fun at you and feel a little more normal -- or less depending on what a freak show you turn out to be.

Comments

  1. Loved this post, Your Awesomeness.

    Read (as a suggestive, not a past tense comment) "To Kill A Mockingbird".

    Happy Christmas. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get that eye/eye brow thing down - not to mention the finger thing!

    I am howling at this post! You so rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling at your 7 weird things. You might want to read To Kill a Mockingbird but Lord of the Flies and Catcher in Rye are not good. Other classics to avoid (in my estimation) are Grapes of Wrath and As I Lay Dying. I do enjoy Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list! I have a HUGE fear of those random hairs popping up too! There is a tweezer in my purse at all times - just in case!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door