Slave to love aka the bow-chicka-bow-bow song

I felt this would be fitting for the start of the Valentine's Day frenzy. Even without the lyrics, it's easy on the ears. And if you're fortunate to be with someone who rocks your world; well, put on this tune and rock THEIR world.
Like many Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music songs, I am drawn in by the melody. Sadly, I'm usually incapable of understanding a lick of lyric. This is particularly one song that I have never managed to sing except for "slave to love...slave to love." Seriously, is there any need for more? If you are in the 'bow-chicka-bow-bow' frame of mind, I doubt you'll care about the lyrics. However, just in case you're a curious cat, here are the lyrics. Sing along. You know you want to try.

Tell her I'll be waiting
In the usual place
With the tired and weary
There's no escape
To need a woman
You've got to know
How the strong get weak
And the rich get poor

Slave to love (repeat)

You're running with me
Don't touch the ground
We're the restless hearted
Not the chained and bound
The sky is burning
A sea of flame
Though your world is changing
I will be the same

Slave to love (repeat)
And I can't escape
I'm a slave to love

Can you help me? (repeat)

The storm is breaking
Or so it seems
We're too young to reason
Too grown up to dream
And the spring is turning
Your face to mine
I can hear your laughter
I can see your smile

Slave to love (repeat)
No I can't escape
I'm a slave to love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door