The other day

The other day I questioned why this blog sits empty more and more. Then, it hit me. Twitter and Facebook.

You see, what used to be the topics of babbling on the blog have become 140 character mind bytes. Then, if those meandering thoughts and opinions strike a chord or nerve with those who read them, they'll comment, like or just ignore.

Immediate gratification. I tweet it. Boom!  The thoughts and ideas vamoose leaving me with nothing else to say... well, nothing more than 140 characters.

I miss this. You know, putting words together to form sentences that create paragraphs. Sure, my grammar is often questionable. The good news for me is that I don't give a shit. HA! The good news for you is that I know the majority of lessons we learned in primary school. Do not request that I diagram a sentence. We learned that in 8th grade when I had a language arts teacher nicknamed Bubbles. The hormonally charged class spent so much time psychologically tormenting the extremely sensitive teacher that little teaching was accomplished because said teacher would bolt from the classroom in tears which would prompt a visit from the Dean of Students. Blah blah. I plead innocent in such bad behavior. The bottom line is that I know when to use 'there, their and they're.' I also know the difference between to, too, and two; your and you're.

You get the idea.

See, I just turned a tiny thought into a blog post.

Out of curiosity I peered at my Twitter feed. Wowsers! 9,550 Tweets. You're welcome to follow.
Here's some of today's 140 character or less jibber jabber:


Here's to hoping that a balance of blogging, tweeting and facebooking -- not a real word that I know of but we're going with it for sake of having nothing else to call it -- here's hoping all social media can be used whilst still using up some gigabytes or whatnot on this here writing venue is utilized.

Love ya. Mean it. Share if you care. Share if you think it is nonsense. Hell, thanks for just getting to this point.

Comments

  1. Sadly, fewer and fewer people are actually reading blogs, websites, the news, etc. We are being conditioned to spew in 140 or few-er. Keep up the good work, you have faithful followers and what you have to say matters, no matter how long or short!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door