I like those curves...2008



Yes, the new year is closing in on me. According to Central Standard Time, it is 11:18 pm when I started this post. I can't really complain about 2007. It wasn't a bad year. It wasn't a stand up and cheer about it year, either. However, it was a year of growing emotionally. I suppose that could be considered stellar. I know a lot of people who haven't grown in that capacity for decades. At least they haven't overtly changed. However, that is not for me to judge or be concerned.

I am declaring 2008 the Year of the Riss yes, you read it clearly. I'm not going to abandon friends, family or my dedication to being a selfless person. It does mean that I'm finally going to shift some focus on self-improvement. I'm going to give myself permission to have fun and live a little (again).

I hope everybody can find it in themselves to be less selfish to NUMERO UNO! I know 'they' say everybody is too selfish as it is. I am not implying that you spend every penny you have on yourself and not be charitable. I'm not suggesting that you forget friends and family. I wouldn't dare you to ignore being kind to others. I think if everybody TRULY learned to love themselves they'd be better human beings. We all have intrinsic values we've seemed to push aside for what looks good on the outside.

  • Think of your fellow man Lend him a helping hand Put a little
    love in your heart
    You see it's getting late Oh please don't hesitate Put a
    little love in your heart
    And the world will be a better place And the world
    will be a better place For you and me You just wait and see
    Another day goes
    by And still the children cry Put a little love in you heart If you want the
    world to know We won't let hatred grow Put a little love in your heart
    And
    the world will be a better place And the world will be a better place For you
    and me You just wait and see Wait and see
    Take a good look around And if
    you're lookin' down Put a little love in your heart
    I hope when you decide
    Kindness will be your guide Put a little love in your heart
    And the world
    will be a better place And the world will be a better place For you and me You
    just wait and see
    Put a little love in your heart Put a little love in your
    heart Put a little love in your heart Put a little love in your heart Put a
    little love in -Put a little love in your heart...

Comments

  1. Sing it, Annie Lennox.

    Godspeed, Marissa.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About an hour or so I actually referred to the New Year as "the year of the Riss." What tha? Our minds are starting to meld together I tell you...
    I so enjoy your writing and your insight - you put words to what so many of us feel yet can't describe.
    A beautiful New Year to you and your son.

    Your 80s sis,
    Tonianne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

WARNING: Eye contact may cause unwanted conversation

Inaugural video message from your Wildhair

Doot, doot, doot lookin' out my front door